What Are CBD Honey Sticks?
CBD honey sticks are pretty self-explanatory: it’s a honey stick infused with CBD. However, there are two formats in which you may find CBD honey sticks.
The first is a solid stick of hardened honey infused with CBD. The second is a straw filled with liquid CBD honey. Both are enjoyable and delicious, and both contain the essential component of CBD. The liquid straw option tends to be more common, so this is what we will be focusing on in today’s article.
Before we go any further, let’s clear up the confusion around CBD. These three letters stand for cannabidiol, a compound found in cannabis plants. Legal CBD is extracted from industrial hemp plants that contain minimal THC, meaning CBD products don’t cause a high. Instead, they are thought to have some health benefits due to the way in which CBD may support a healthy endocannabinoid system. This is the system that keeps the entire body in balance.
To make honey sticks, manufacturers first extract cannabidiol from industrial hemp. Often, they use supercritical CO2 extraction to do this. Then, the hemp extract is infused into honey. It’s best to look for organic, local honey to find the best product.
Combining CBD and honey seems pretty logical. After all, honey is one of the original ‘superfoods,’ consumed for a myriad of health benefits. Adding CBD into the mix is the latest way to benefit from a healthy lifestyle.
Before we explain all the benefits of CBD honey sticks, let’s look at how to use them.
How to Use CBD Honey Sticks
CBD honey sticks are surprisingly versatile. There are a few ways in which you can make use of them, including as a topical or a food additive.
Here are some of our favorite ways to use CBD honey sticks:
- Hardened CBD honey sticks make a great snack. You can crunch on them for a quick CBD edible – and it’s much healthier than gummies!
- Liquid CBD honey sticks can be poured directly into the mouth. Suck the honey out of the straw for a super easy CBD dose. For the benefits of sublingual consumption, you can hold the honey in your mouth for a bit, like you would with a CBD Tincture.
- Instead of adding sugar to tea, you can mix in CBD honey. Both liquid and hardened sticks can be used in this way.
- Drizzle the CBD honey over cereal, yogurt, or even salad for a yummy, healthy CBD edible with a bit of a twist.
- Honey can actually be applied to the skin. If you don’t mind getting a little sticky, you can rub honey directly onto problem areas. Alternatively, try making your own homemade face mask, lip balm, or hand lotion!
Will CBD Honey Sticks Get You High?
An important thing to understand about CBD is that it is non-intoxicating. Some sites say that it is non-psychoactive, but this is not strictly true. Since CBD may affect the brain through the endocannabinoid system, it can be considered psychoactive. However, it does not create the euphoric, disorientating sensation known as a high, which means it is non-intoxicating.
The error in thinking comes from CBD’s origin in cannabis. However, the intoxicating component of marijuana is actually tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. CBD products are made from industrial hemp, which contains only trace amounts of THC. Because of this fact, CBD products cannot cause a high.
Now that people understand this more, the federal government has removed low-THC hemp products from the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). You can rest assured that CBD is both safe and legal, and it will not get you unexpectedly high!
CBD honey alone will not cause a high. That being said, you need to make sure that you purchase your CBD hemp honey from a reputable seller and check the lab reports. These reports will verify that the product contains low THC and is on the right side of the law. The rule of checking lab reports applies to all products and not just CBD honey sticks, by the way!
Benefits of CBD Honey Sticks
So, what is that we love about CBD honey sticks? The combination of healthy honey and CBD supplements appears to be a match made in heaven, especially when it comes to full-spectrum CBD. Many users find that full-spectrum CBD is more effective than CBD alone because it allows for the entourage effect, a phenomenon in which cannabinoids work together synergistically. If you want to get the most out of your CBD honey sticks, look for full spectrum!
Here are some of the best benefits of CBD honey sticks:
- Honey is completely natural.Compared to some other CBD products, which often contain artificial flavoring ingredients, CBD honey is 100% natural. There’s no real point in flavored honey sticks, because honey has a naturally sweet flavor all on its own.
- Honey is full of antioxidants. Apparently, the darker the honey, the more antioxidants it contains. Antioxidants fight off free radicals in the body, leading to things like lower blood pressure, reduced cholesterol, and less risk of heart disease.
- Great for sore throats. Honey is often recommended as an at-home remedy for colds, and that’s for a good reason. Local honey, in particular, is thought to be good at fighting off viruses.
- Compounded benefits of CBD and honey. Not only do you get the above benefits of honey, but the addition of CBD! Ingesting CBD can support health and wellbeing by providing help to the endocannabinoid system.
- Versatile product. CBD honey sticks can be consumed in several ways, as we touched on above. They can be consumed right out of the straw or added to food for a delicious – but still healthy – twist.
- Portable and convenient. You can carry CBD honey sticks with you on the go for a quick dose of CBD at any time. Furthermore, the pre-measured dose of CBD makes it easy for you to take the right amount of CBD every time, without having to fiddle with a dropper.
- Honey supports bees. While not a benefit to your own health, we think it’s important to mention that buying honey can support bee populations and help them thrive. Bees are essential to the ecosystem, so it’s nice to know that you are helping out these fuzzy little insects with each dose of CBD.