WHAT DOES CBD DO? CBD OIL BENEFITS
Research is emerging and more comprehensive studies are needed, but science is getting there. Here’s just a smattering of the things scientists were able to demonstrate that CBD does:
- Measurably relieved chronic pain in combination with THC
- Triggered breast cancer cell death and down-regulated the gene that makes certain aggressive strains of breast cancer proliferate
- Inhibited lung cancer invasion and metastasis (spread)
- Significantly reduced multiple sclerosis symptoms in patients in a randomised, placebo-controlled study and a larger series of multi-centre randomised placebo-controlled trials
- In larger doses , it helped participants you sleep — even in people who typically suffer from insomnia.
- Higher doses decreased anxiety during public speaking.
- Increased alertness in small doses in humans.
- Prevents seizures.
- Decreased social anxiety by regulating the amygdala, a part of your brain that controls fear.
- Substantially improved symptoms of schizophrenia.
- Showed antioxidant activity. A test tube study showed that CBD protected neurons from inflammation and oxidative stress better than both vitamin C and vitamin E, and it prevented oxidative damage to DNA associated with colon cancer.
- Showed potential as a neuroprotective. CBD decreased brain damage after stroke in rats.
There’s more — anxiety, neurodegenerative diseases, autoimmune conditions — CBD is worth a look in any disease process that’s rooted in inflammation (which is most of them).