- 8oz orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 c fresh or frozen corn
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 c Feta cheese
- 1 small (or 1/2 large) cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 T minced fresh mint
- 1 T capers, drained
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 4 T lemon juice
- 5 Drops of cbd oil
- 1 t grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
This easy pasta salad with CBD will keep you chillin’ as the days get hotter. It’s a great dish for parties or cookouts since it holds up well without wilting. You can also throw in whatever you’ve got on hand in your fridge – leftover steamed or roasted veggies, cut-up chicken breast, raisins, olives, radishes, artichoke hearts, boiled egg, sliced almonds or cashew pieces – feel free to improvise
1. Cook orzo according to package directions for al dente pasta. Drain and rinse immediately with cold water to stop the orzo from getting softer. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. In a skillet, heat the water over medium heat and add the corn (fresh off the cob is best). Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Drain water (if any is left) and add the corn to the bowl of orzo.
3. Mix in tomatoes, Feta, cucumber, onion, mint and capers.
4. In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, CBD hemp oil, lemon zest and salt & pepper until blended.
5. Pour over orzo mixture and mix well. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Serves 8.